To advance obesity treatment through clinical research and education.
Who We Are
Founded in 2013 by the American Society of Bariatric Physicians®, The Obesity Treatment Foundation (OTF) is a 501(c)(3), charitable organization developed to:
- Raise funds for clinical research on the treatment of obesity
- Increase awareness and understanding of the complexities of this chronic disease state
- Clinical Research: Amplify the quanitity and quality of clinician-driven, practice-based obesity treatment research.
- Fundraising: Generate financial support for the organization.
- Informing Medical Professionals: Elevate awareness among health care professionals that obesity is a chronic disease warranting comprehensive medical management by qualified professionals.